Facebook Parent/Guardian Support Page:
- Each class, parents and legal guardians of the current class can choose to join an unofficial Facebook Parent/Guardian Support Group. Once established, the group is accessible from the official IDYCA Facebook page, but is fully administered by a volunteer, who is a parent of an IDYCA cadet graduate. The group offers support, wisdom and guidance to assist current parent/guardians in their journey.
- NOTE: This group is for Parents/Guardians of accepted IDYCA applicants/candidates and Cadets. The group is normally established just prior to the Class Registration Date, and continues throughout the Residential and Post Residential Phases.
- To join, search Facebook for the most current class’ Parent support page (i.e. IDYCA Class XXX Parent/Guardian Support Group).
Often parents will ask, “What can be read to help me develop while my Cadet is going through such a maturing transformation at IDYCA?” The following is a short list of books that previous parents have found informative and helpful.
- Parenting with Love and Logic: Teaching Children Responsibility (Cline & Fay)
- Love and Logic Class (https://www.loveandlogic.com/classes-and-conferences)
- The Anatomy of Peace (Arbinger Institute)
- Love and Respect (Dr. Emerson & Eggerichs)
- Understanding Your Mates Personality (Myers)
- Blending Families (Evans & Martin)
- The 5 Love Languages (Chapman)
- The 5 Love Languages of Teenagers (Chapman)