IMPORTANT! Commencement will occur on an active military base, Gowen Field in Boise, so there are special rules for admittance. Please see the rules below for details, which will also be included on the official invitation. The event is open to the public. We will give Cadets invitations, with Commencement details, when they go home for Home Pass, and a digital version will be posted on our Facebook page.
You do not need to worry about transporting your youth from Pierce to Boise. We will be transporting the Cadets to Boise a couple days before Commencement. So, as soon as Commencement is over, we will release Cadets to the care of their parents/guardians.
We are not placing a limit on the number of people that can attend, but the number of chairs will be limited. So, be aware that seating is first-come-first-serve, and expect standing room only. RSVP not required.
Directions to Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho
- Admittance through the security gate is not authorized until after at 8:00 a.m. Do not plan arrival until after 8:00 a.m., as it will disrupt traffic on West Gowen Road and at the security gate.
- Take I-84 to South Orchard Street exit. (Exit 52)
- Turn south onto South Orchard Street, which will turn into West Gowen Road.
- Turn left at the second traffic signal, which is the main Gowen Field security gate entrance.
- Once through the security gate, follow security officer’s directions and signage to the hanger, where the ceremonies will be held. (Building 1530 Hangar)
The commencement ceremony is on an active military base. As such, it has the following rules to gain entry:
- Bring a copy of this invitation to show the front gate security officers. Driver must have in their possession, and be ready to present, a valid driver’s license. Passengers 15 and over must have in their possession, and be ready to present, a valid photo I.D.
- All vehicles must have proof of registration and insurance.
- No weapons, drugs or paraphernalia are allowed in the vehicle. All vehicles and passengers are subject to search.
- There is no limit to the number of people who can attend and no need to RSVP. Late arrivers may have to stand, due to limited seating.
- Please no saving seats, no balloons, no silly string, no confetti, no air or fog-horns, no bullhorns, no strollers, no pets, no smoking (even e-cigs), no alcohol, no weapons, no food or drinks, and no fighting allowed.
- Doors will open for seating between 9:15 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Commencement starts promptly at 10:00 a.m. Please arrive on-time to avoid disturbing the ceremony.
- After the Cadets are dismissed, they will be given a specified period of time for family photos. Then, they are to turn-in their caps and gowns, and pick-up their belongings, their commencement packet and any medications.
- All your Cadet’s belongings will be at the commencement site. There will be no need to go to the Academy. Upon receipt of all items, your Cadet is released to go home. No loitering after the ceremony. All visitors must depart immediately from the base, no later than 2:00 p.m.