Number of Portions: 50
- 2 c. Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 c. Cornstarch
- 2 c. Vegetable Oil
- 2 c. White Vinegar
- 1-1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Black Ground Pepper
- 1Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1-1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 9 lb. Raw, Boned, Skinless Chicken Breast, 1/2″ Slices
- 2 lb. + 2 oz. Canned Liquid Pack Whole-kernel corn, drained or Frozen Whole-Kernal Corn
- 12 oz. Fresh Onions, diced
- 8 oz. Fresh Green Peppers, diced
- 1 lb. Canned, Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 lb. Canned Salsa
- 50 – 8″ Flour Tortillas
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the vegetable stock.
- Heat over medium heat until thickened. Cool.
- Add the oil to the cooled, thickened stock mixture.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, pepper, granulated garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano in a bowl. Whisk into the stock mixture.
- Pour marinade over the sliced chicken. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drain the chicken. Discard any leftover marinade.
- Prepare no more than 50 portions per batch.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees. Add 9 lb. of the sliced chicken and saute’ about 10 minutes. Saute’ remaining chicken. Remove to steam-table pan (12″ x 20″ x 2.5″).
- Combine corn, onions, green peepers, canned tomatoes, and salsa in pot. Cook 5 lb. 8 oz. (3 qt.) of this mixture over low heat until vegetables are heated thoroughly, about 5 minutes. Add to cooked chicken.
- For each serving, place (½ cup) of filling on each tortilla . If desired, fold or roll tortilla over filling.
(Source: USDA “What’s Cooking” – Chicken Fajitas)