Number of Portions: 120
- 16 lb. Dough from Whole Wheat Rolls
- 8 lbs. Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Seasonings
- Pizza Sauce:
- 1-3/4 c. Raw Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. Granulated garlic
- 2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 qt. + 2-1/4 c. Canned Tomato Paste
- 3 qt. + 2 c. Water
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Marjoram
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Thyme
- 10 lbs. Turkey Ham, shaved or deli-sliced
- Italian Seasonings, optional
- Portion 2 lbs. dough balls. Roll half of the balls to fit an 18″ x 26″ x 1″ sheet pan. (Will use four sheet pans per 120 servings.)
- Place rolled dough rectangles on sheet pans, lined with pan liners.
- Set remaining balls aside for step 6.
- Mix shredded cheese and 2 Tbsp. Italian seasonings.
- For pizza sauce: Combine onions, granulated garlic, pepper, tomato paste, water, salt, basil, oregano, marjoram, and thyme. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- On each sheet pan, spread one-fourth of the pizza sauce mixture on top of each of the prepared pans.
- Lay-out 2 lbs 8 oz. of turkey ham on each of the pans.
- Top each sheet pan with 2 lbs. of cheese. Spread cheese evenly.
- Roll-out remaining bread dough balls to fit over the tops of the pan. Lay on top of cheese layer. Stretch dough to fit to the edge of the pans and crimp.
- Prick the top layer of dough with a large meat fork to allow for air expansion. Brush dough with an egg wash, or spray with pan release spray before baking. Sprinkle top with Italian seasonings (optional).
- Bake until golden brown. Conventional oven: 350 degrees F for 18-24 minutes. Convection oven: 325 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool slightly before cutting. Cut each pan into 30 servings.
(Source: Healthier Kansas Menus)