Number of Portions: 125
- 7 lbs. + 8 oz. Tortilla Chips
- 11 lbs. + 7 oz. Scrambled Eggs
- 3-3/4 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 8 lbs. + 12 oz. Frozen or Fresh Corn, drained
- 4 – #10 can Black Beans, drained
- 5-1/2 lbs. Onions, chopped
- 23-1/2 c. Salsa
- 1/2 c. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 c. Ground Cumin
- 5-7/8 lbs. Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 16 oz. Jalapeño Peppers, drained
- 3 c. + 1 oz. Cilantro, chopped
- Sprinkle scrambled eggs with garlic powder and heat eggs according to oven package directions.
- In a large skillet, cook corn, drained black beans (not rinsed), onions, salsa, garlic powder, and cumin. Stir well.
- Heat mixture on medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Ad water, if needed.
- Cook until temperature reaches 165 degrees F, and onions are opaque. (Note: mixture will have very little fluid content, so it is important to stir frequently and maintain an appropriate temperature.)
- Chop cilantro.
- Shred cheese.
- For each serving:
- Place 1/2 cup of bean mixture in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle 1-1/2 ounces of scrambled eggs on top of the bean mixture.
- Garnish with 3/4 ounce cheese, 1 jalapeno and sprinkle (1/2 tsp.) cilantro.
- Serve with 1 ounce of tortilla chips.