Number of Portions: 100
- 12 lbs. Frozen Eggs
- 2 gal. + 3 qt. Fresh or Frozen Broccoli Florets, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oils
- 1 c. Onion, diced
- 1/4 c. Dried Dill
- 3 c. Nonfat Cottage Cheese, drained
- 3-3/4 c. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3 c. Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Thaw frozen eggs in refrigerator overnight.
- If using fresh broccoli, blanch and drain well. If using frozen broccoli, thaw in refrigerator overnight and drain well.
- Heat oil and saute’ onions until soft.
- Add broccoli and dill to sauteed onions. Cook until broccoli is heated.
- Drain liquid from cottage cheese in a sieve. Discard liquid.
- Combine eggs, cheeses, and broccoli/onion mixture. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Spray 12″ x 20″ x 2.5″ pans with pan release spray; use 4 pans for 100 portions.
- Pour 6 lb. 12 oz. egg mixture into each pan.
- Bake until an internal temperature of 155 degrees F is reached, stirring halfway through cooking time. Conventional oven: 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Convection oven: 300 degrees F for 20 minutes.
(Source: Iowa Gold Star Cycle Menus)